Creator Lutheran Church

Monday, August 14, 2006


August 13th, 2006 - Sunday Service

Today worship feels expansive. We confess our sins, give our thanks and pray as our thoughts turn to grace and salvation.

I find immediate blessing as I touch the water in the baptismal font this morning. There are small shiny stones with words, fun, inspiration, joy to name a few.

Those words are on my mind as I play an upright bass for the first time on one of the songs during worship. There is an infectious drive on this song “Be Bold, Be Strong” that helps the bass part along. I admit I have much more to learn on the instrument yet I know I can perform and contribute with this new voice.

The theme of the sermon was how God invites or draws us to the gospel life. Pastor Dayle preaches on personal events she has experienced over the summer. She was emotionally moved talking about experiences around her brother's death and there are several touching moments that move people's hearts.

We end with "Be Bold, Be Strong" as well. It is an instantaneous, joyous, musical moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home